Our compliance and legal team is at the heart of what we’re building at Safepay. You will be responsible for developing a comprehensive regulatory compliance framework as well as implementing and maintaining processes, systems and controls to ensure Safepay’s continued compliance.
The ideal candidate will come from “start-up” like environments, be mission-driven, a clear communicator with a solid background in the payments and/or fintech space.
You will be responsible to lead and provide direction on all legal matters and regulatory issues together with existing internal legal resources as well as external legal advisers. You will be a senior member of the team reporting directly to the CEO.
There is already a compliance and legal function existing at Safepay, we’re looking for the next leader for this with an aim to bulk out the team in the coming months.
What you’ll be doing - compliance
- Develop, implement and maintain a framework of policies and procedures for managing and mitigating operational and compliance risks, in line with laws and regulations applicable to us
- Design and implement relevant compliance processes including know your customer (KYC), anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions and combatting the financing of terrorism (CFT)
- Perform risk assessments to understand risk level, significance and scope to our operations
- Master a deep understanding of the rules and regulations in which we operate, including monitoring any changes and developments
- Oversee the gathering of internal information to meet external regulatory reporting obligations and supervise the legal matters of the organisation including maintaining liaison with legal advisors regarding smooth handling of the legal cases
- Act as a point-of-contact for all employees on issues relating to money laundering, terrorist financing and receive reports on non-compliance with laws or company policies
- Compile regular reports on risk and compliance performance that can be shared with management or the board of directors so that issues can be rectified
- Support our product and market expansion initiatives by overseeing efforts to apply for new licenses where needed
- Ensure regular information dissemination and coordinate training across the company on compliance issues and provide proactive and effective solutions for risk management.
- Oversee any internal and external audits or regulatory examinations
- Manage third party vendor risk reviews and vendor due diligence where relevant
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance across Safepay
What you’ll be doing - legal